Even though we have talked a lot about nails, we haven't discussed why nail preparation is so crucial when doing gel polish, polygel, dip powder, and acrylic nails!
Whether you're a DIYer or a professional, keeping your nails and cuticles clean will ensure the best manicure results.
- Clean, lasting results require proper cuticle care
- Remove dead skin from the cuticle area using a cuticle drill.
- Push your cuticle back by using a wood or metal implement stick.
- Tools for cuticle maintenance
- Removing dead skin with a cuticle nipper is the next step. Then, trim the nails to the desired length using a nail cutter.
- (If you’re going to use nail tips) How to select the right tip size?
- Don’t forget to buff the surface of your nails especially if you are using nail tips to elongate your nails.
Note: When using nail tips, ensure that they fit side wall to side wall and use just a little bit of nail glue to not overwhelm the nail bed.
Trim, blend and buff
- Trim the tips to the desired length and shape
- By using a file or nail drill, buff the tips to blend into the nail bed for natural-looking nails
Dehydrate using a dehydrator
- Use a nail dehydrator to remove oil and dirt that can cause lifting
Primer should be applied
- This is applied for a longer-lasting product adhesion.
Check out our Makartt Nail Prep 101 YouTube video for more details!
Hope you had fun on our simple nail prep tutorial!